Rain is especially challenging during the summer months, when your toddler is used to spending his day outdoors. Try these 5 fun activities at home to keep him entertained.
- Toddler Bowling – Set up 3-5 empty soda bottles and have him roll a ball to try and knock it down. Bonus points for you if you can teach him how to set up the pins on his own.
- Get some help with your chores. It may be your worst chore, but toddlers will find it awesome to help you mop the floor. Pull off his shoes and socks and give him a mop and sponge. You may want to leave the cleaner out and just give him plain water. When he’s done give him a towel to help dry the floor. You’ll probably want to schedule bath time for directly after the cleaning spree.
- Play a combination of dress up and portrait studio. Give your toddler an assortment of shoes, hats, costume jewelery and scarfs. Take pictures, using different poses, in each of their outfits.
- Story time – this oldie but goodie works every time. Kids love to cozy up on the couch or rocking chair and listen to their favorite books.
- This may seem way out of the box, but if the rain is not too hard, and there is no thunder or lighting, get your kids in boots, raincoats and hand out umbrellas. They will have a blast stamping in the puddles and running through the raindrops.
<a href=”http://pinterest.com/ultraquirkytot/”><img src=”http://passets-ec.pinterest.com/images/about/buttons/pinterest-button.png” width=”80″ height=”28″ alt=”Follow Me on Pinterest” /></a>